Participant

Hugs, Serenity.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Has something happened ?

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t waste your energy hating him. Pity him. Pitiful little men who will never know true happiness x

Serenity
      Participant

Thank you, all. I had a bit of a private emotional meltdown last night. His ongoing attempts to affect me and my eldest seeing him again took its toll. I feel a bit better today X

Dear Serenity, I understand, we are bound to have melt downs, I am glad you feel better now, I think the time when you will feel free of hatred is when that feeling turns into indifference. I also think that it will only come more or less when the children are grown up and have their lives, or maybe if you find a nice partner who cares for you. Your energy will then direct itself to more positive feelings, the hurt will never be forgotten, it will lessen those moments when hatred inhabits your mind.
      I am already indifferent to my husband because I lost interest in hoping he can realise anything. That doesn’t mean though that I am indifferent to the on going developments my family is going through.
      My hell is not finished. Trust your new life, the evil is behind, close the door and find your new happiness, but keep the ghosts at bay…

Ayanna
      Participant

I think you should actively try parental alienation. He abuses you and the kids, pay it back. Be nasty. There seems to be no other option.

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Bridget,

I have felt indifferent for months but suddenly these feelings of anger have arisen.

Maybe I need to go through them. Apparently, anger is part of the grief cycle. I was always scared of feeling angry, but I think acknowledging our anger is a good thing. It’s what you do with the anger that’s important. Being destructive isn’t good- channeling the energy into something positive, I suppose is.

I think I try to be too goody two-shoes about the whole thing. He never allowed me to be angry. Well, now I can! Thank you for your kind words.

Ayanna- yes, I am somewhat tactical in my reactions to him and in what I say and do to the kids. I am aware that he might use certain things as ammunition, so I try to keep one step ahead. Thank you. You are a real fighting spirit, and I need to allow myself to be a bit more like that! Xx

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi serenity

Melt down your words are so wise and true, I thankyou for voicing them. I will if you don’t mind print it out. It affirm how awful and alike they are.

Hugs FS xx

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content