• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Cornflake
      Participant

My god, it gets worse by the day. As I type he spouts vile comments at the TV, swearing, sexual vulgarity, he’s drunk but that’s no excuse. He has no filter and actually said earlier that if he was me, he’d leave!!.

I can’t imagine a time when my stomach doesn’t churn or my every waking thought is about him.

I long for peace. 😢

nbumblebee
      Participant

Ahhh lovley lady I feel your pain I really do.
      This life is so hard it really is.
      You are not alone, you are never alone now you are here, we got you.
      Have you thought about reaching out? A friend family GP samaritans womans aid??? There is help out there sweetie but you have got to look for it reach out and grab it.
      Im still here like you some days are good most days are bad. I dont think that stomach churning will ever go away, if we decide to leave maybe it gets less maybe things get easier but Im not so sure it will ever go away sweetie but I do believe it will get easier for us all one day x
      Stay safe stay brave stay strong x*x

Cornflake
      Participant

Bless you nbumblebee, knowing I’m not alone really helps. We all deserve so much better than this.

nbumblebee
        Participant

You do deserve so much better sweetie.
        Maybe now is the time build yourself up read, learn arm yourself with as much info as you can.
        Work on you, build up your self esteme so that one day you can go get that life you deserve.

theocrat
      Participant

@cornflake
      My heart hurts for you, the dread at waking every day, the stomach churning.

Don’t let him suck all the goodness out of your life.

Love18
      Participant

I hate my life to , I am left with over whelming anxiety , find it hard to just go to end of the road ,

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Love18,

As you can see , you are not alone in how you are feeling. It’s important you feel supported right now as it’s clear you are going through a difficult time.
      Have you reached out to your local domestic abuse service yet? Even if it is to talk and receive assurance and validation. They can provide both emotional and practical help if needed.

Also, you could try calling Supportline who offer confidential emotional support to reach people before they get to “crisis” point. They offer support by telephone, email and post. They work with callers to develop healthy, positive coping strategies, an inner feeling of strength and increased self-esteem to encourage healing, recovery and moving forward with life. They also keep details of counsellors, agencies and support groups throughout the UK. They cover a wide range of issues, including domestic abuse. They can also refer locally. You can contact them on 01708 765200.

No Panic is a membership support group providing services to people suffering from anxiety and other disorders. They provide telephone support groups and 14 week telephone therapy courses which offer coping strategies for people who live in isolated or rural surroundings. Postal strategy courses are available as well. Information is available in various formats for small costs on the website. Their helpline can be contacted on 0300 772 9844 (10am-10pm). They also operate a 24-hour crisis line available on 01952 680 835.

Please do continue to post here to let us know how you are getting on. I hope you are able to engage in extra support from the services mentioned.

Take good care,

Lisa

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content