Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      2BFree
      Participant

Good evening, it’s been a really long time since I’ve posted or even been on here.
      I was hoping that a little positivity might give those struggling or wondering if it ever ends a ray of hope!
      Today, a long time after leaving my abuser I am finally in a position to move on. It’s been an epic journey and at times has felt like it would never end, I’ve been through court, he’s been convicted, I’ve been to family court and lost, it’s the most devastating moment of my life to realise that the magistrates think he is safe to have the children 50% of the time… I disagree but have no money or energy to fight any more.
      I can only do my best whilst they are with me.
      And my best I will do! I am now working full time, trying to save as much money as possible to move out from my parents and provide a secure safe and happy home! But he has no hold over me any more, he cannot come near me or hurt me anymore!
      The relief of getting to this point is immense, beyond anything I ever imagined.
      I couldn’t have done it alone and those that remember my early days on here will remember the despair and hopelessness I was feeling, I will be forever grateful to all of you for your support!
      I hope it’s okay to put on here that I have taken a huge decision through my work to go public with my story, a training and media campaign is being launched to raise awareness and support for survivor’s and my plan along with this is to complete a fund raising event on behalf of woman’s aid and the local charity who helped me so much.
      I really wish the best for all of you, I know each of you can do this, you can get the life you deserve and be the beautiful strong amazing women I know you all to be… send you all a hug, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
      2BFree x

Tuppance
      Participant

That is such a lovely post. Thankyou and it is lovely that you are in such a good place now. I would love to support any charity fundraising for women’s aid – perhaps you would be able to post updates on your ‘speaking out’ and any events ? Xx

Dear 2BFree, what a lovely inspiring post. Thanks for letting us know and giving abused women hope, there is definitely the chance to thrive after abuse. X*X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for posting this. Every day I get up and hope that I will be strong enough to be free. I’m waiting to find out what the final decision of my family court will be before I can go for a proper job with proper hours.

Serenity
      Participant

So pleased for you, 2BFree. You’ve come so far X

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content