Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Starsindarkness
      Participant

Hi all, im putting this under positive moments because for me, despite the stress and worry it is a positive moment. It’s the start of the end of the worst chapter of my life. And despite it all, despite turning to go back home and not write my statement several times, I did it and I am still here.

I did it mostly for my son, so he grows up in a happy home free from hate. I did it so he would never see him hurt me. I did it so he grows up right and good and not haunted by his parents demons. I want him to know that all actions like this have consequences, and you have to answer for your actions.

I did it for all the women like me, like us. Who are so full of undeserving guilt and self loathing from years of being told this is what we deserve and that it is our fault. It is not our fault. I was scared of coming forward but I wanted to show there is a way out, this doesn’t have to be our life.

Finally I think I did it for myself, to prove to myself that he hasn’t broken me, that scars and bruises will fade and I am finally strong enough to stand up for myself and restore some of my self worth.

I did it for freedom, for a life not looking over my shoulder, not being too scared to leave the house. I did it so I could live, and be happy for my son and start to build our lives back up where he is protected from poison and evil.

I hope when this is all over I can look back and be proud of myself for doing the right thing.

Best wishes to all you women. We are worth more than what they told us we are.

KIP.
      Participant

Well done you! I did the same and for all the reasons you listed. I too have a son. It was a tough fight but I held him accountable. I was filled with real indignation. How dare he x

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hear hear Starsindarkness, what a wonderful post, I totally agree with everything you have written. Well done for finding that inner strength and courage. When we stand up for ourselves and eachother like this we can can and will change the world.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content