Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi all

I just wanted to give you an update

(detail removed by moderator) I hope he heard me. I went to the hospital and told him everything, how he has treated me and everything. He is in a coma.

I am now away from him. His brother and mum keep texting me saying how evil I am leaving him. I don’t know if I have to be worried but they keep saying that I have kidnapped the kids and they are their family as well.

I responded saying yes I have left but I did have to put up with a lot from him over the years and that the kids are safe and when they are 16 they can come and visit them but until then video call

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, well done. I’d block their calls for the time being as you need time to process it all. You’ve done the right thing. You have nothing to feel guilty about. This is the safest way to leave and get somewhere safe for you all. He’s not your responsibility and gave you his permission for you to leave him the very first time he abused you. Stay strong and take advantage of this time without his continued abuse x

HunkyDory
      Participant

Well done to you. Definitely block them and allow yourself time to process it all as KIP says. Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you. The kids are missing him but I have noticed I am strangely calm but I think when I find out he’s out of hospital I will start to panic. I have a viewing set up of a house to let.

I have only blocked his number, not his family.

KIP.
      Participant

If his family are continuing the abuse then try to block them. I found out blood is thicker. You do not have to allow this to continue. Try blocking them for a few days until you get some space. They have no right to do this. If you wish you could give them one warning that you won’t tolerate their behaviour but sadly it sounds like they won’t listen.

Escapee
      Participant

Well done for being so brave x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have really supportive family who has helped me to leave. They even helped me to take my beloved pets who I had no intention of giving up. I just wished I had taken notice of my lovely late father who told me he was not good for me.

Thank you escapee I certainly don’t think I am brave. I am blocking their number too. I am free to go to bed when I want and sleep without being awoken by his hands down my pyjamas. I can also buy the food I want and not dread his key in the lock.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content