Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      hop
      Participant

These sensations I’m getting below my waist are constant. Oh my god I need to say it somewhere because it’s driving me insane, making me feel…….there’s only one way to describe what’s happening and I can’t say it in front of someone knowing its happening right then…… I can’t say it but I know it’s the inprint left after years of sex abuse 🤮😢

KIP.
      Participant

Trigger Warning sex reference

Whatever you’re feeling as you say is a result of the abuse. It’s biological and mental and if it’s beyond your control just now can you try some distraction techniques? Perhaps admitting it will help your brain to process it. Maybe it’s your brain working through the trauma. All sorts of weird things happened to me including waking up running out the front door in a panic in my night cloths. I think it was the snow that woke me up otherwise I could have been wandering the streets. I had to put parcel tapes on the locks when I went to bed. I also orgasmed during rape and if that’s what you’re feeling then it’s nothing to be ashamed of. I’m trying to say your brain will go off in all directions trying to reconcile the abuse so don’t be ashamed. It’s not your shame.

hop
      Participant

Kip it’s constant it really disgusts me. I don’t think I could admit it. It just gets worse if I think about it. I’m hypersensitive and it’s Knockin me sick 😢

hop
      Participant

I feel sick iv wish I hadn’t said anything at all

KIP.
      Participant

Keeping secrets really does make things worse. I’m sure it happens to many victims. Perhaps you could write it down and then tear it up. You’re absolutely right about hypersensitivity. It’s only right it will affect all parts of the body. My hearing and eyesight have become extremely sensitive so why not other parts. It’s just biology x if you’re worried perhaps you could ring your GP. Can you try mindfulness or get out walking with your music in your ears. Change where your mind is at x

hop
      Participant

I’m not worried I just want it to stop. I’m seeing the therapist. I don’t think I can tell her. I want to say it so much but I can’t even admit to happening at night let alone all day long….. I feel sick 🤮🤮🤮🤮

KIP.
      Participant

Write it down and hand it to her. I remember hearing of something similar. I bet you find it’s not as unusual as you think.

hop
      Participant

I don’t think I have the words to say it, even on paper…..I’m trying my best but I was clearly better at the fakeness…….im going to try my best to tell her. I wish someone could tell me what to say 😢

hop
      Participant

I think I told her. She must be sick to death of my contrariness. I asked her to get it out of me. She didn’t really want to do that but there was no other way. I’m going to have to build myself up just say it next week. I think you are so right that it’s the secrecy of it all that’s keeping me down. She’s helping me to get the sensations in my body down. It seems completely ludicrous to me that anyone would behave the way I am now 🤯
      I need to write down what you said earlier kip but about myself. Once I know what it is that’s wrong I feel insane until I’ve got over it. That’s why I need to get it over with as soon as possible 🤮

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t put pressure on yourself, you’re already under enough. Perhaps talk to her like a third party. You could say I once heard about a girl who such and such happened to…………. Well, that’s happening to me. For a long time I would talk in a strange way like it happened to someone else. It puts a safe barrier there. Just take baby steps x

hop
      Participant

Do you think that could work? It does feel like there would be a load off my mind and also maybe hearing it that way might help me be more accepting of myself.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Good evening Freedomfries01,

I just wanted to let you know that these sensations you are describing are normal.
      As KIP mentioned, it is a biological and psychological response to trauma and nothing you are feeling is wrong, although it may feel incredibly confusing and conflicting.

It is such a difficult journey getting to feel like your body belongs to you again after sexual abuse, and it’s important to be patient and kind to yourself.

I’d encourage you to try and open up about this with your therapist. You could also contact Rape Crisis if you’d prefer to talk about it anonymously: https://rapecrisis.org.uk/

Take care,
      Lisa

hop
      Participant

I’ve written the actual disgusting words down. Oh my god I can’t believe I did it. Showing it to another person…pphhhh….that seems big but I’ll have to see how I feel. I put my feelings in a big ball and threw them away. I feel really drained

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, you’re doing really great. Be your own best friend and use any trick of the mind that gets you forward to the next stage. Are you looking after yourself. It’s important to eat and drink and try to rest. Try mindfulness. Takes practice but it’s a great distraction. Try writing three things each day that you’re grateful for. Any funny favourite films that gets a smile. Any favourite jokes or funny memories. You’ve been framed got a laugh out of me. It’s important to force your thought process to positive things where you can x

hop
      Participant

Thank you so much kip. I could never have made it this far without what you said at the beginning. I’ve really needed this support thank you 💖🥰

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content