Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Nottobeknown
      Participant

I was in a (detail removed by moderator) marriage and have a beautiful daughter. It all started with having my picture up in WhatsApp! He was overly controlling with what I wore or if I had display picture up on any social media or if I add picture on snapchat or insta. Basically any media, he would talk to me in a horrible manner he has said “why you being a b**ch wearing that “ another incident he said “you might as well take your clothes off and show the whole world, take it off now, get naked and take a pic” another time he said “ he will push me to floor and kick me and laugh at me” this was while I was pregnant. Another time we was going out he then said a comment as I said I don’t want to go out anymore he then said “ come on let’s go your annoyed that we aren’t leaving on time” I then say you took time and it’s getting late leave it”. He then replied “come on let’s go (detail removed by moderator) in an angry tone. Another incident he made me throw away one of my tops as he didn’t like it. There’s been a few occasions

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Nottobeknown

All those things he said and did are abusive, can you imagine treating your partner this way?

Of if you saw a friend of yours being spoken to/treated this way? What would you think.

I have tried repeatedly to turn things like this around this way to tell myself that I couldn’t do this to someone else, and would see it for what it is if i saw it happening to a friend.

Over and again I have to do this to stop myself from blaming myself still.

Especially when it comes to speaking to others like the police who just don’t believe you, or others.

What you describe is really abusive.

Keep reading on here and you will see many things written that have also happened to you, this also helps when you see patterns of these men, as this reveals their intentions of who they really are and they all do a lot of the same abuses to control.

Warmest wishes

TS

Anonymous
      Inactive

It takes an awful long time to unravel the abuse that you were suffering from. Take care of yourself.

Also, be aware of other people who will tell you that if you were in such a perfect relationship it didn’t happen. You were there. It happened to you.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content