Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

That he will never change. How he played me how he never loved me how I believed him. Today I were in the supermarket and I went down the sandwich isle and saw chicken and bacon sandwich filling I nearly started crying as it made me think of the times I made his pack up one of many things my heart stopped I nearly ran out. I won’t get over this I don’t think x

Confused123
      Participant

U will get over this Hun , time is healer , allow yourself to deal with your feelings

Ayanna
      Participant

It will get better.
      Did you ever write down how he treated you?
      Write it down and read it as if you were a stranger to the situation. It will put everything into perspective again and you might feel relieved that you got rid of him.

Serenity
      Participant

When my ex and I separated, I took one look at the pork chops in the supermarket and began shaking and sobbing: I had been vegetarian for years, but had cooked meat for him, or else he’d have thrown a wobbly. I looked at those pork chops, and they represented a whole lifetime of pandering to his royal highness, putting my own beliefs on the back burner and putting him first, only to be treated like nothing. But I felt sad thinking my daily shop wouldn’t include picking his dinner foods.

Mad, eh? Because the reality is that he made me buy all the food, and he more often that not put down my cooking. So why did I feel such grief? Trauma-bonding, pure and simple.

Now? I buy meat for my eldest without much pain at all, and I’ve started to take the care over my food that I previously surrendered to him.

It truly does get better. Someone once said its like a wound that heals and a scab is left behind which causes you some discomfort. This is exactly how it is. The dreadful, searing pain does lessen hugely xxxxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content