Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

My head around the fact a father just can’t ask about his son in any way. But yet he used him as a green light to get back through the door. Saying he wanted to help out with him which were obviously now a load of rubbish. Basically because he can’t have me he doesn’t want his son. How he sleeps at night is beyond me x

There is a combination of him being too busy & preoccupied with this woman (to feed his ego which is what he needs to get by) and him putting his head in the sand and ignoring your whole situation. He does this as a coping mechanism, i don’t think that he and most abusers can deal with problems, they put their head in the sand and ignore it rather than face it head on. If you think about it, abusive men are horrible during the relationship. It makes sense for them to continue to be horrible when its over, it doesn’t make sense for them to be nice as its not them. My ex was horrible to me when we were together, I hoped to be friends and civil after we split up, to have no bad feelings. He continued to be horrible, I think I didn’t appreciate it that this was just him & he wasn’t capable of being normal or decent. X

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content