Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Get my head around the fact i were with a con man. And how they can just disapear without no explanation apology or anything. I gave everything i had to his daughter. I did things with her that her own mum never did she had a really good bond with me. And all i did for him too i were practically babysitting her while he sat and watched football i drove him up and down as he couldnt drive i were a meal ticket for him he never really did a thing for my autistic sons i just cant seem to fet past this at all its knocked me for 6. Xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi icandothis,

It is understandable that you can’t get your head around the way your ex behaved. There is no justifiable explanation for abusive behaviour. It is used to gain power and control and abusers take no responsibility for the pain their behaviour causes.

Have you had any counselling post your separation? If not it could be really helpful to do so, to try to work through some of your thoughts. Contact your local domestic violence service or ring the helpline on 0808 2000 247 and they can signpost you in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Confused123
      Participant

HI Hun

IT does hurt how they treat us and have no remorse, sadly there are just a lot of abusers out there, maybe take up cousnelling tohelp u heal

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there yes ive started counselling already. Im so angry and hurt inside id actually fallen for this total waste of space. And kind of think that some miracle might happen and he will change stop all his lying and texting other women…x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content