Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I so wish i never met the snake!! I just want my life back!! I just feel like hes destroyed me! I seem to bounce back most days .. then boom i cant take the pain he caused in my inner self! Hes violated my body so bad! The things he said to me using my past against me . Why me . Why dud i deserve this . He never cared about me . He bought me . He was the master!! . I took control of my life!! Then bang the threats came .. what did i do to deserve it!! I was in love with a monster i trusted him with my life!!

Serenity
      Participant

Hi I Am Free,

I sympathise.

Ironically, my ex told me he ‘wanted his life back.’ This was despite the fact that he was free, had everything done for him, went where he wanted, and it was me who was the Cinderella.

They do a lot of damage, and it’s not easy getting over it, but there are wonderful times to be had in the future, I promise.

I read a quote once which I think sums it up:

“Even when I am not ok, I am blessed and grateful.”

I think that even when we feel at our lowest and the memories of what went on violate our minds, we must remind ourselves how blessed and grateful we are to be away from these abusers.

I know how hard it is- you feel violated on every level. But you are strong x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Omg hun yes i was just cinderella for his needs only!! I just want justice hun he has turned my life upside down 😣😣😣😣😣😣😣

Justice is leaving him and not accepting his vile behaviour. I’m glad I met him because I have learned so much and I thank God that my close friends and cousins are not the statistic I am and I’m forever grateful to God for that I would rather endure the pain than see them endure it.

Thank God for these challenging times because through challenging times do we learn the best lessons. I am so content with life I embrace and I love it. I feel blessed to be alive, healthy, have a roof over my head, a car to drive, money in my pocket, a good job and prospects. I can never replace my safety, my family, my integrity, my happiness for anything but I know I can replace him and one day I will and I know exactly what I want and I will get what I want.

Start each day in the morning saying the following mantra to yourself:

I am strong
      I am beautiful
      I deserve happiness
      I chose the life I lead
      I will be happy
      I will get everything I deserve
      Things are not the way I would have hoped but they will get better
      The fog will lift and I will savour every sense of smell, taste, everything I hear and see
      I am an amazing person and I bring so much to so many lives of others
      The world depends on me to simply be me
      I will rise from the ashes
      I will survive I will do this I have no doubts in my abilities

You can do this I believe in you and I am rooting for you!! X

Serenity
      Participant

What a lovely mantra, Positive! 💛

Thank you it seriously works the more you self love the more you start to believe it!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content