Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Read back on messages but I have tonight. And I’ve just read more or less exactly same message over 6 mnths ago as what I had bit back. Apart from back then in early days it were u know I love you. And bit ago it were I did love you!!!! Wow no change there. It’s scary as hell. X

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you ever feel up to it betterdays, delete them, you need memories of better days not ones that upset you. Sending you hugs xx

Hi Betterdays, I deleted every single one of the 2000 or so messages on my phone. 100% without doubt if i had read even one of those messages i would have crawled back to him by now. It is really really dangerous for your emotions re reading old messages. I think part of it is a control thing, for me a few months ago i was re-reading, repeatly emails that I had sent him ending our relationship. I could not stop reading them and I memorised every word. I thnk that I was doing this a form of staying in control (subconsiously) as at the time I felt out of control. Fortunatly this need to read them has now passed. I would really avoid all messages and his social media where at all possible if I were you. Good luck X*X

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

DElete them , they only upset us

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content