Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Harleybubble20
      Participant

I am disabled and I left my emotionally abusive relationship.im in a hotel and alone. I am being overwhelmed with emotion. I am not sure what to do and where to start. I’ve emailed and spoke to all the usual charities. I just keep having anxiety and panic attacks.
      Does this get better.
      I feel like so confused as he was my carer but emotionally messed me up.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey well done for taking that first step. Yes it absolutely does get better. As humans we crave for what is our ‘normal’, even if it’s abuse. So give yourself time and space and start building that support network around you. My mental and physical health have improved so much I can’t begin to tell you. The first while out of the relationship is so very hard but I promise if you keep to zero contact and give things time to settle down you will thrive again. We are everything without them they are nothing without us x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Hey Harley,
      Firstly, well done on taking back your life.
      It will feel lonely and scary right now and you’ll be feeling all the emotional pain of a break up plus getting your head around being abused by someone who should have loved you. I’m so sorry you’re in this situation right now but from here the only way is up.
      You need to have some support to help you through this. Can family help? Can you stay with a friend or family member? Have you let WA and your GP know you’re current circumstances?
      You must try and get emotional support from someone so you can talk. Keep posting here too. Above all, and this is hard when you’re feeling alone and vulnerable, you must keep no contact with your abuser as he will try all the tricks to lure you back. Stay strong x

StrongLife
      Participant

Congratulations on leaving. It will get better. Just take it day at a time – good work – I’m happy for you.

StrongLife
      Participant

Good on you. I too went to hotel and was extremely scared of him finding me. That did not go away for a while. It’s mostly gone away now.

Congratulations on this brave step

weather
      Participant

I am so glad to read that you are away from the person that abused you. Taking the first step away from abuse is the hardest. We all heal in our own time, and it can be a very lonely and scary place to be in. I didn’t have much support when I left my abuser and unfortunately, there were lots of support agencies that consistently let me down. In the end, like you, I had to resort to staying in a very unsafe hotel, but it was a first step to recognising that I needed to be safe. I wish you all the best with your journey out of abuse and as others have mentioned it does slowly get better. Wishing you all the best,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content