Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi All, well I went, packed the whole car up.. emptied it. And nearly had a breakdown.. I don’t know what’s wrong with me.. I feel so ill now, probably collapsed another disc in my back .
      But you know what I’m relieved to be home.. and I think that’s the problem, not wanting to come back to him.. but to be in familiar surroundings and home.
      I think that all stems from beung away when my daughter was killed.. so I missed my physchiatrist nurse appointment because I was putting all the stuff away so he didn’t know..
      I don’t know what to do.. I can’t work it out ..

X*x

Escapee
      Participant

Oh Woolly 😔 you must be feeling so conflicted.

Rather than moving out to be on your own, can you initially move in with a family member or friend?

Or can different agencies help you get him out so you can stay in familiar surroundings. Reach out to everyone so you have lots of hands to hold yours tight

Much love and hugs xxxx

Mirina
      Participant

Poor you. Maybe you need more support to reassure you that you’re doing the right thing in leaving.

KIP.
      Participant

This may help you. I was trauma bonded to my home. It’s so hard to explain to people. There was nothing safe about it but in my mind it was my safe space. Hey, well done for trying and managing 2 hours. Longer next time 💕

Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi All Thank you for your kind words, kip could i ask how you did you get help witb Trauma bonding to your home?
      X*x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Well done Woolly for packing up and physically leaving. Never mind for how long, you made an enormous psychological leap doing that and next time you’ll take things a step further. Little by little and step by step, you’re moving that bit closer to your goal.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content