Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Smudge
      Participant

(detail removed by moderator) I left my partner.

Over a period of years he had changed from someone kind, caring and affectionate to be withdrawn and unpredictable. I felt I was walking on eggshells for fear of criticism or a massive outburst over some error on my part. Things had been fairly calm for many months. I’d even say things felt good. Then over a series of days he picked a number of increasingly intensive arguments over things I had done that didn’t fit with what he wanted. Then he assaulted me by grabbing my throat. I left him.

I am pregnant and we have a daughter. It’s so hard but I know I can’t go back to someone who thinks I deserve so little, who can’t cherish the pregnant mother of his children. I’m lucky to have great family and friends but I’m scared of being in my own. I’m scared of the stress and pressure of untangling our lives. I am embarrassed to say I feel sorry for him, that I love him. I wanted it to work so much and he ruined it.

Ayanna
      Participant

Well done for getting out! You will feel better over time. Do not be afraid of being on your own. There is help out there.
      Get in touch with Women’s Aid and for legal issues call Rights of Women and use their callback function.
      It is better to be safe and live free from abuse than suffering. We have only this one life and we need to make the most of it.
      Stay safe! x*x

Serenity
      Participant

Bless you. We are all here for you. We have been there.

X*x

Smudge
      Participant

Thank you both. I’ve had a good day with a good friend. Lots of talking. Now safely with my parents but feeling wrung out.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi Smudge

Well done xx

Mine got worse when I was expecting our second child she now has children of her own, I stayed worse thing I ever did and only breaking free now. (I just thought I had to say in case you ever doubt your actions).

Keeping posting and talk to as many organisations as possible they will help.

FS xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Smudge,

Welcome to the forum. I am so pleased that you have already had lots of supportive posts. For safety reasons I have had to edit how recently you have left but it is very early days and you are doing brilliantly. Try to go no contact, if you can, as he will be trying very hard to manipulate you back into the relationship. It is great that you have supportive family and friends but please also know you can phone the helpline any time you want to talk.

We are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum moderator

Confused123
      Participant

Well done for getting out hun , next stage is getting over them and learning to love ourselves again, guilt and feeling pity for them is natural it is part mof the process of de attaching ourselves from them, post on here as much as u need to we will support u

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content