Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Access to his son last weekend first time in weeks. My son told him he would like fish and chips for his dinner so he turned round and said were u think I’m getting money from? And how your mum gets 50 something pound a week maintenance money. My son said he didn’t think he could really be bothered with him as he were saying God knows were Il take u. He also said it’s a shame your mother can’t let me come for tea after work. While he’s saying he’s no money my I add he’s propping up the bar 4 times a week. He’s also noticed my house is sold subject to contract as he’s checked it out. I so so wish I hadn’t of let him have access I feel as though I’ve gone backwards what an idiot x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Better Days,

I sympathise. My ex is feigning poverty to the kids whilst stashing it away. They can’t part with their money unless it’s buying something for themselves- they are greedy through and through.

If he is in financial straits because of his drink problem, then he needs to go and get help. How dare his kids miss out on treats.

My ex has started returning my youngest without feeding him.

We gave them too much credit. We thought they thought like us, and had the same aspirations and sense of responsibility, but they don’t. They aren’t like us at all. They are our inferiors, selfish to the core!

Tea at yours? He lost that privilege!

Your son like mine keeps wanting to give his dad a chance, but then realise their dad hasnt changed at all.
      😡

Confused123
      Participant

hi hun

I agree with serenity

hard bit is sending our kids to them but it makes us and them realize how different there thinking is and they have no sense of responsibility, dont feel u let yourself down by sending your son to him, it just clarified what u need confirming and look at the outcome your son doesnt want to go again

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content