Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Liquorice
      Participant

But so much i wish i could say…. 😕
      Sentences run through my mind but nothing will come out of my mouth….good job really he would only shut me up if i did talk anyway x

White Rose
      Participant

Would it help to write it down, get it out of your system? It might help you as long as its not anywhere he will see.
      I know the feeling of being rendered mute by constant put downs there seems no point saying anything after a while does there?
      You can always tell us if it helps you xxxx

Oh yes I remember this well, most of the time I were not allowed to say or do what I really wanted to. I was like a mute display doll, as long as I looked sexy, acted loving, giving and smiled, and kept my mouth shut all was well (whilst he was probably cheating on me anyway). If I were to open my mouth, 9 times out of 10 it would be used against me. Either to delve into my personal secrets to use later. Or to be enraged where he perceived me as putting him down in which case I would be given full on silent treatment for 2 weeks.

Liquorice
      Participant

Mute by mouth but my head feels like exploding

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

Tell it here Liquorice, vent to us all you like – there’s a huge wealth of information the ladies here have. They (and we) are amazing!

Serenity
      Participant

Towards the end, I couldn’t bring myself to talk to him. It was pointless.

I would silently cook him his gourmet dinner lest he freaked, but go up to bed alone, dreaming of a handsome knight to come and whisk me away.

No wonder he left. He knew I’d had enough.

Don’t waste your breath on him. He will twist your words. Vent to us here x

Liquorice
      Participant

Not sure where to start….so im just accepting that there is something not right in our marriage, its taken me a while, and i still prefer to stick my head in the sand sometimes.Also i do believe that it is sometimes my fault, but not always,latley i just feel like sticking my head in the pillow and screaming as i can seem to do right whatever i try!! I thought things were getting better for a bit but then i had a night out with family and his other head came back out to play 😕. I havnt felt quite right since then, i seem to have lost any fight or sense of self i had left in me, physically im aching all over and i just cant be bothered to do anything, say anything or go anywhere, this is probably the most ive got out in a while, sorry for moaning ladies x

Liquorice
      Participant

Just read that back….feel like sticking my head in a pillow…may aswell…save him the job huh!!

Liquorice
      Participant

Ok total curve ball….he came home in a decent mood, the evening went ok, i come out from bathing baby and hes gone to bed???? Hes fasto!@ what the hell does he want me to do now? Go to bed too? Stay downstairs? Im baffled and reluctant to make any noise incase i wake him up???

EeyoreNoMore
      Participant

I hated this bit of the relationship, constantly waiting to see his mood to see how I was expected to act. Are we okay today? Are we happy and having fun today? Are you mad at me for something you say I’ve done? Are you mad at me for something you say I haven’t done?

It’s so draining isn’t it? I was like this at the beginning of the year, at the point I decided it was over. I think I was grieving too for my lost relationship. Physically couldn’t get out of bed for 3 days.

From then I was smiling sweetly but knew the relationship was dead. Now I am single and working on being free from him.

Stay strong and research as much as you can. Read about lovebombing and gas lighting. You can do this Hun xx

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content