Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

I have a family event (removed by moderator) and today my sister was showing me a photo album from an another event, during the last year of my marriage.

I can’t believe how ill, blotchy, grey complexioned and bloated I looked. I looked like the walking dead!

It’s been a tough journey, but I’ve been determined to overcome this. I compared these pictures to another picture taken more recently: my cheeks have got colour back in them, and I look so different!

We don’t realise the toll which abuse takes on us.

There is health and recovery out there, ladies. Slowly but surely, we can all get there x

Hello serenity,

What a great post and well done you must be so proud of yourself 😊. I was feeling a bit low so looked for some inspiration and found this fantastic message it’s given me some real hope for my future too so thank you x

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I find I don’t recognise pictures of myself these days, I do a double take and can’t believe it’s me because I think I look nice. I’m enjoying the freedom to experiment with clothes and make up and people often compliment me on the way I look. It’s a far cry from standing in front of the wardrobe in tears terrified of making the wrong choice or picking my face to pieces.
      I’m so happy your health is improving and the real, beautiful you is shining through xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content