Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      PaintingByNumbers
      Participant

My ex is staying the other side of town with some friends so I have been scared to leave home and walk anywhere. I’ve managed to walk around the corner a few times but whenever I’ve tried to walk down the high street since he left, I’ve had a panic attack…but today I did it! I walked the whole way, acknowledging my anxiety but not letting it take over – it feels like such a small thing but also a massive thing at the same time!! I’m not excited about doing it again, but at least I know I can do it!

KIP.
      Participant

It is a massive thing and you should be so very proud. Now you know you can do it and it’s all fine. My anxiety and panic came from the abuse I was suffering at home and until I sorted that out I was just treating the symptoms and not the cause. Do you have support from women’s aid?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well done. One foot in front of the other…

Chihiro
      Participant

Well done! Sometimes the smallest victories are the biggest breakthroughs <3 proud of you!

Cozylight
      Participant

I celebrate you! I just got on the train again to the station where I met him, and I feel so liberated, even though I was terrified x well done chick xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content