Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

Im not prepared to answer his ridiculous accusations and I need a shortish smart reply to say so. If it was a police interview I’d answer no comment but it has to be much more subtle as it will be read by others. Maybe a good quote about lies?

KIP.
      Participant

I’m always disappointed when a liars pants don’t actually catch fire.

I’d love to have the guts to write that!

diymum@1
      Participant

How about – thanks for the input. I would like to take the opportunity to ask that we stick to fact as you know court is only interested in facts. I’m sure the professionals involved would agree. Many thanks

diymum@1
      Participant

Grey rock keep it boring lol XX

KIP.
      Participant

Yep. I’ve been googling and there are some crackers but I need to remain professional. I can play around with that but I like the word factual. It’s a parting shot would be good to reference the lies already told.

‘As you are unable to be truthful. I won’t be responding to your correspondence’

Like this quote. A liars worst enemy is someone with a good memory.

KIP.
      Participant

Maybe I should make no reply at all. That might be the best way to go. Grey rock. That would get him thinking.

diymum@1
      Participant

Do you have to reply? Xx

diymum@1
      Participant

Or If you can adhere to credible fact I would be happy to answer any of your queries xx

diymum@1
      Participant

Maybe put in – Given that you are under oath xx

diymum@1
      Participant

Also I would like to make reference that it is not I who is under serious criminal investigation xx too much??

HopeLifeJoy
        Participant

Exactly! Put the spotlight where it belongs to! He is the criminal here not you.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

I can’t think of a better one than Socrates quote “When the debate is over, slander becomes the tool of the loser”

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

And I agree with staying grey rock too. Take the fuel out of the fire. Don’t bite the bait.

maddog
      Participant

Please be careful of the word Fact. I think Evidence Based is a more helpful alternative. You can’t answer allegations unless there is evidence to back them up. I love that Socrates quote!

The truth is the first casualty of war. Your ex’s reality is only going to be false, based on emotion, not evidence.

You could say something along the lines of: This is not my reality and there is no evidence to back up this allegation

It is for you to show, not tell. You can do it!

KIP.
      Participant

Yes maddog. The system has turned this into a slagging match and I never was good at that. He’s used it to continue his abuse and I won’t play this game when I know the game is rigged.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My ex kept posting terrible stuff about me on social media. I ended up posting one thing on my wall, denying his allegations, stating that there was no factual basis for them and that he had been convicted of assaulting me. I said I would make no further comment.

I think it’s important just to stick to the facts, not say anything that could be construed as libellous or be drawn into a slanging match, no matter how much you might want to!!

I thought long and hard about saying anything at all, but got sick of him defaming me!!

fizzylem
      Participant

I have found one of the difficult aspects is sitting on my hands, waiting for my turn and keeping my mouth shut – if you knew me in person you would understand compeltely how much of a challege this has been when I hear what comes out of his mouth or read what’s in his papers lol. Really have found though that no response at all to BS has been best for me – no acknowledgement – on the two occassions I have responded, eventually, it was because I felt if I didn’t this could be percieved as negative on my behalf, so I didnt give him what he asked, rather I did only what was required for my benefit – to help my case – a*s covered basically – bet this infuriated him as it meant he couldn’t say I have ignored his PR x

Cecile
      Participant

Hmm… no response can look like an admission of wrong doing! Depends on the situation, I think. I know some one who was advised to just say “I have not done anything wrong.” The person concerned did say it but changed it to “unlike my accuser I have not done anything wrong”. It sounded quite powerful when the person had to repeat it several times during which they were under scrutiny.

KIP.
      Participant

I will take advice next week but my gut tells me just to ignore and make no comment if possible. It might be I have got to make an acknowledgement. I do want to keep my cards close to my chest.

diymum@1
      Participant

KIP the truth will reveal its self let the lawyer take the strain xx like they do to us all bamboozel us in Latin !! Xx

Hetty
      Participant

Well what about “I acknowledge receipt of your comments/correspondence. As you are fully aware I disagree.”

Anonymous
      Inactive

How about: “I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on this matter.” It’s positive yet at the same time says that you are not going to be drawn in any further. It’s a sentence you can trot out again and again, and will almost certainly infuriate him as there is nothing he can reply with that doesn’t make him out to be playing power-control games, which of course he is! Abusers, in my experience, hate it when we return positive comments back to them and so refuse to be drawn into their games.

Cecile
      Participant

Yes they do hate it, I agree and that is a great response, Cirrocumulus.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content