Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Angelsnow
      Participant

Hi I was marred for (detail removed by Moderator) years my ex mother in law died (detail removed by Moderator) ago and ever since the family will not stop they want me and my ex husband back together I have said no but they will not let it go what do I do ? I have had to go back into hiding ie come off social media

Suntree
      Participant

So sorry you are being harassed by the family.
      You have done the right things coming off social media. All my social media is locked down, no one unless they are on my friend list can send me a message, my location is ambiguous and my trusted friends and family have been well advised not to engage or pass on messages.
      To me I look at it as not hiding anymore it is just being selective about who get to have space in my life.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Angelsnow,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for posting. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through, it must be very frustrating for you. Have you got any support in place or sought any advice on options available to you? Have the police ever been involved?

The 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline (0808 2000 247) can discuss options based on your circumstances. They are a busy service but have a voicemail option if it is safe for you to request a call back. You might find it helpful to contact your local support group for ongoing emotional and practical support which can sometimes include legal advice. You can find your local group here.

Keep posting to us.

Best wishes,

Lisa

hoodwinked
      Participant

Hi welcome to the group, I hope you gain some feeling of strength from this group as I have over the last  (detail removed by moderator)months…..it isn’t an easy journey, but with support you can get through each day, remember you are worth more….warm hugs x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content