• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Lisa.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Takeaction
      Participant

HI all I want to leave him but i worried about children life to go new place. I don’t want the out take them out Thier school which they really like it.

I Want to ask you if I leave with him do I have chioce to remain the same city but different area? Because my main point is to leave this abuser and my children to remain their school.

Thanks all of you since I started to post this Fu forum I feel iam not alone any more..X*X

KIP.
      Participant

Contact women’s aid for support here but yes you can move to the same catchment area. Can you afford to rent a property locally. Also the council have a duty to rehome victims of domestic abuse so again get the help of women’s aid here they will know what’s available to you. Leaving is the most dangerous time for you and you will also want some legal advice about being the primary carer of your children too x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Takeaction,

That’s great that you’re starting to make some plans and think about what you’d like to do. Nobody can make you do anything you’re not comfortable with. Kip is right; the council have a duty to help you and your children because you’re fleeing domestic abuse.

A good starting point would probably be to liaise with your local domestic abuse service. They should be able to offer you some support with your local council, or help you find somewhere locally to move to. They may also be able to give you some ongoing support with everything, for example, help you access injunctions or some legal advice around the child contact after you’ve moved (if you need this). You can search for your local service here.

You could also contact Shelterline. They’re experts in housing law and legislation so would be able to talk through your rights and options with you. You can call them on 0808 800 4444.

Take care, and do keep posting,

Lisa,
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content