Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

My partner (not father of my young adult children)is having a few problems with my children well one in particular. A past row ended up with (detail removed by Moderator).
      A good while has past and they are on so much better terms. But he said at the time if he does it again he will hit him through the (detail removed by Moderator) or (detail removed by Moderator).
      I didn’t take too much notice but he said it all again (detail removed by Moderator). It came because he thinks that I let them get away with everything which is true and I’m trying to find the discipline again after splitting with their abusive Dad a few years ago.
      Please advise I don’t k ow how I feel about these threats as I see them.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Ariel,

I’m so sorry to hear about what you’re going through, it sounds like a difficult position to be in, and a tough decision to make.

It’s not okay for your partner to make threats about, or towards, your son. This is intimidating and controlling behaviour. Your partner should not be judging, or trying to control your parenting, or your relationship with your children in any way.

A supportive partner should ask you how they can help and support you, if they can see that you are struggling in any aspect of your life. Not causing you more stress, or triggering fears from the past by threatening violence against someone you care about.

Do keep posting and let us know how you’re doing.

Lisa

Ariel
      Participant

Thankyou so much for your reply. Yes i think you’re right he should be showing support. I’m trying to find the balance to discipline them at the young adult age. Plus my ex their Dad was obviously over the top with the discipline so I was always the soft one trying to undo any damage he was causing and I’m finding it hard to know how to go about it.
      Thankyou again

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content