Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Takeaction
      Participant

Hi to all of you iam new and I don’t know English language that much sorry about that . Iam living a abusive husband. I want to leave him I can cope any more he never hurt me as physically but if I never cook or do want he wants to do for him he will get very angry 😡 swearing smashing things front of my children . Sometimes I have to hide my belongs like my mobile, car key, laptop, previous he smashed my phone twice .and then I have to buy new ones. I always scared .also I can’t go to my friends or family he will keep calling me and when I get back he will get mad.i don’t work I have to look after kids he is works and tells me can’t work. As financial he cantrolling every thing if I spend any thing to my self he tells me it’s an necessary. We have 4 children together.when I had the first two child we separated and I moved with him (detail removed by moderator) ago Then I had another two child. We are living private house with join tenancy. I can’t afford to rent place but I alligeble benefits. Please help how can I leave safety with my children please please help as soon as possible

Iwantmeback
      Participant

HI there, welcome to the forum. You can get help now, is there anytime you’re able to phone or email or live chat with women’s aid. Being eligible for benefits means your rent will be paid for you if you get housed by your local council. I’m not sure if the same applies with private landlords. WA can help you with a safe exit plan, trust them. Have you any family that could help or are they elsewhere. Keep posting we’ll point you in the right direction.💞💞 IWMB

Eggshells
      Participant

Hello my lovely. Welcome to your new community of friends. If you can, when he is not around, please try to phone your local women’s aid or Refuge but please make sure that you delete any searches that you have made on your devices. They will be able to help you to leave safely and hopefully quickly. If you feel scared to phone them please know that even if you have a long journey ahead, it will be worth it in the end. And if you want us, we’ll be here for you. xx

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Please ring the helpline. You can leave a voicemail for them to ring you back when he’s out, for example when he’s at work. There are also local domestic abuse helplines if you can get through to the main one.
      If you can live with family temporarily until you get a new place to live then consider that if you’d be safe. Don’t tell him what you’re planning, he must not find out as it’s not safe. You could also contact a refuge to see if you can stay there with your children temporarily until you find a new place.
      Ring the police if you are in immediate danger.
      You don’t have to put up with any of this. Your husband sounds very abusive and dangerous. Well done for writing on here and keep going. Put your safety and your children’s safety above everything. Don’t let him manipulate you or make you feel guilty. You have nothing to feel guilty about.

Takeaction
      Participant

Thanks for your support and advice loved you all of you x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content