Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

My partner has moved out for a few months because my sons (detail removed by Moderator). None of them will have a conversation about it as it could end up with one hitting the other ((detail removed by Moderator)).
      They are both very similar, hot headed and lash out.
      My partner thinks my sons rule the house and in some ways I have let them get away with murder. Having their friends round late, not tidying up and bringing anything they want in the garden like (detail removed by Moderator).
      But the boys always will say yes I’ll do it when I tell them but there’s no respect and get shirty. I want my partner to come home but my son is saying he will (detail removed by Moderator) at the door if he comes.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Ariel,

This sounds like such a difficult situation that you’re being put in the middle of and that isn’t fair on you at all. Your partner and son are both trying to make it your responsibility to manage the other’s behaviour when they’re both adults who are responsible for themselves. It’s really not right that your son is making threats of things he’ll do to your partner to try and control your decisions. You deserve to feel safe and peaceful in your home and not be expected to manage other peoples conflict or emotions for them.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content