Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mumaoftwo
      Participant

So I’m meant to make a statement to police
      My husband has sat down with me today and said (detail removed by moderator). Now I feel bad about going to the police. He has never been physical just just financially and emotionally abusive
      I don’t know what to do. I’m worried he will find out that I have spoken to the police about this

Cheesequeen
      Participant

Hi Mumaoftwo. Do you have a local women’s centre you can go to? I found it really helpful to just talk through my fears about going to the Police and my support worker was fantastic. She didn’t try to influence me or even give guidance, but she listened and talked about options and I arrived at my own decision. It is such a personal and difficult decision and your concerns are real so don’t ignore them. You can come up with a plan that considers anything you’re scared about. Good luck Xx

KIP.
      Participant

I can tell you that the emototional abuse was far greater and much longer lasting than any physical abuse I suffered. I would talk to the police and tell them of your safety concerns. The police need evidence and I’m not sure how much evidence you have so they may not take it further but at least you will have it on record for future reference should you require evidence of his abuse for a non molestation order.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Unless the police feel you are in immediate danger, they won’t contact your husband. But it is a way of having him on their radar now so to speak. Try not to worry, it’s the fear of the unknown as you’ve never done this or been in this situation before, so don’t know what to expect. It’s what stops msny of us contacting the police. Just to know they don’t contact our partners, unless he’s been violent, would help so many of us, but we never know until we are in that predicament. Good luck
      IWMB 💕💕

Mumaoftwo
        Participant

I just am now torn weather to do it or not now. God I hate this feeling. It’s a horrible place too be.sleep will not come easy tonight.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content