Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      WhiskyRose
      Participant

This has been building up for a long time and (detail removed by moderator) was the moment I told him I am truly done.its different this time as its the first time I have initiated the leaving and feels very definite. He just blames me and is now stonewalling me again which is fine maybe even easier but I feel panicky.

I need some help, please tell me I’m doing the right thing, some supportive words would really make a big difference right now xx

Kitkat44
      Participant

Sending you love. You have shown such courage, I’m trying so hard to find the words. The resentment I feel is eating me up inside and I’m the worst version of myself around my husband.
      Take deep breaths I’m sending you love and light 💖💖💖

KIP.
      Participant

Please be very careful. This is the most dangerous time for you and the panic is the fear of what he’s going to do next. The stonewalling is just the first tactic. He’s going to get violent when his attempts don’t work. He’s waiting on you changing your mind which you will have done time and time again in various circumstances around him. He’s used to manipulating you. When stonewalling doesn’t work he will try playing the victim, or threatening, or emotional abuse. Or pleading and crying and threats of suicide even. Don’t tell him you’re leaving again, just keep the situation calm and make your safe exit plan. If he walks out in a temper, let him and don’t let him back in.

So happy to hear you have taken that step and what a big step it is!

It might feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders right now but I promise you it will get easier.

I have been out (detail removed by moderator) and the first few were hard don’t get me wrong but I’m on my road to recovery now and don’t regret leaving one bit.

That feeling of finally being safe is the best feeling.

It will be overwhelming for you but keep reminding yourself of how brave you are and think of the life ahead of you.

Sending lots of encouragement and hugs xx

WhiskyRose
      Participant

A little update.. I have remained strong on my leaving stance a month on ! it has been a seriously hard month and it’s far from over. I am having to bring in solicitors given he will not talk to me at all xx

nbumblebee
        Participant

@whiskyRose best bit of your post ” I have remained strong” keep that strength going actually keep that strength GROWING.
        Well done you on just getting this far we are all behind you. You got this 💪

Medusa
      Participant

Lots of mental support to you!! Although I don’t know you I think if she can do it I can do it. Well done for staying strong and not giving in. 💪💕

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content