Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

I can’t do this… I’ve been deserted by my physchiatrist and physchologist… come off my physcotic medicine as it made me so ill..
      My physchiatrist left me now till oct 25th..
      Went to view a very small flat at retirement place…
      Told homes direct I didn’t want it… think I won’t be able to bid again.. lettings man calling tem tomorrow…
      I know I need to go but seem to be trying to find a home out there that doesn’t exist..
      My DA support worker off sick, but it was supposed to be last meeting.. this week.. I met someone else instead… but tbey have agreed to let me have another month..
      What I really want is to go into hospital and help my brain..
      I’m desperate, I need help… I need medication..x*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Woolly,

I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling. Would it be an option to call 111 to get some medical advice? Or you could go to A & E and say how you are feeling.

Be gentle to yourself. We are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi Lisa,

I’ve been to my gp today, I’ve got some diazepam, but I need help off my physchiatristbut he’s not willing to see me for 3 more weeks, he knew how mentally ill I was that’s why he gave me the physchotic drug, and because of the serious side effects I had to come off it.. but um deteriating fast again without it..
      X*x

KIP.
      Participant

Can you ring 111 and explain how you feel? Do you have an emergency out of hours number from psychological services?

HunkyDory
      Participant

Please call someone hun, don’t carry on feeling like this. You know everyone here is rooting for you but you need to call 111 and ask for help. Let us know how you get on. Big hugs xx

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Woollymammal,

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Call for support. This is too much for you to handle on your own. Reach out for the help you need. It’s great you posted though and please keep posting. You will get through this. Take it One Hour at a Time. Even one minute at a time.

Sending you love and hugs.

White Rose
      Participant

Hi Woollymammal
      Its sounds as if your safety net has great big holes in it. If things feel bad just go to your local emergency dept, if you can get there, or phone 111, they have a duty to signpost you and help.
      A lot of areas have mental health crisis teams on call 24 hours a day to offer advise and given that you’re already under the mental health team they should be there to help. Numbers usually show up on googling something like “how can I get emergency mental health support in….” just add your town.
      Don’t forget Samaritans if you need a friendly voice
      X*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Morning Woolly,

Just wondering how you are this morning?

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

maddog
      Participant

I’ve been thinking of you Woolymammal. This has been rumbling on for such a long time. The anti-psychotic drugs can have appalling side effects and there are so many different ones. Have you spoken to anyone at MIND? You are very much in my thoughts. Is anyone with you? Please keep breathing. Dial 999 if you need to.

Fudgecake
      Participant

Sending you positive thoughts and hugs, Woolly. I hope you’re feeling a bit better today. Keep talking on here and to WA,Samaritans and your gp. Also, try contacting Mind as Maddog suggests. I hope this awful time eases for you soon, you’re a strong person and you can do this. We’re all here rooting for you xx

Woollymammal
      Participant

Feeling panicky and confused, I was awake for hours last night took 3 diazepam.. didn’t make a difference.. thinking I should just accept the flat.. so I called homes direct and said could i changed my mind and accept the flat.. she said the lettings manager was going to call me after 9… I was on edge all day, thinking I’ve made a decision.. I just want him to confirm I could have it…
      I called them bk 4 times and he was unavailable each time.. apparently I probably won’t get it cuz I declined it… I said I find it hard to make a decision because of my mental health…
      Now I feel relieved.. I just can’t make that desision and stick to it…
      Got a lady who sees me from mental place, she was seeing me every week, now it’s every 2 weeks and she never contacted me..
      My DA support worker is still off sick, the other one who covered her appointment this week, won’t even answered my texts…
      I’m sitting here with him on the sofa… there’s no way I could call 111… he’d be disgusted with me…
      I don’t know what to do… why have i been left… I’m not any better… but I feel deserted..
      I need that help, weekends I feel even more isolated…and alone… yes I’m so lonely, I don’t know me.. who am I.. No One anymore..
      X*x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Woolly,

Good to hear from you but I am sorry to read you are struggeling tonight. You are always such a support to others here, please use some of the support you generously share with others on yourself. Perhaps this can help you-

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/guides-to-support-and-services/crisis-services/getting-help-in-a-crisis/#.XZeqBEZKjIU

It can talk you through what your options are over the weekend if you need it.

Be gentle with yourself.

Kind regards,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

diymum@1
      Participant

hi wooly –

can you book into the out of hours psychiatric unit in your area? i know that you can self refer. that way maybe they can give you something abit stronger than diazepam and something to help you sleep that way you could see an on call psychiatrist over the weekend xxxx big hugs much love diymum

Tiffany
      Participant

Diazepam can take a while to work. A d it can be hard to see that it is working yourself, although to others the difference can be noticeable. Sorry you are struggling. Mental health services seem to be stretched to breaking point at the moment, I am sure that the reduced contact with your mental health worker will be because they have such a huge caseload, rather than that they don’t think you need the help. I wish I could point you in the direction of more useful resources, but I haven’t got anything better than what everyone else has invested.

I can relate just wanting to be hospitalised. I felt like that a lot in the years of abuse – although in my case it was for a primarily physical condition, rather than a mental one. I just wanted someone to take the decision making away from me. The only light on the horizon that I can offer is that for me, the burning urge to be hospitalised and looked after, and the deep seated conviction that I couldn’t cope alone faded when I got away from my abuser. It didn’t fix the health issues. I am still fighting them and the mental health stuff now, several years on. But once I was out I realised that part of my conviction that I couldn’t look after myself came from him, not from within at all. And actually I could look after myself much better than I believed. I hope it could be the same for you, that if you can get away, and only have to deal with the mental health problems, and not the abuse as well, you will realise that you can cope better than you had imagined. If you can get away you might discover that you no longer need to be hospitalised.

Thinking of you, and hoping that you get the help you need to cope this weekend. Take it a minute at a time if you have to. You are incredibly strong and you can get through this.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi Woollymammal,

Keep in posting and hanging on in there. I feel for you having him in your space and not even able to access telephone support. And when we’re down the abusers bring us down further. But you got through last night even though you were awake for hours. Don’t panic about not being able to sleep it’s just how it is at the moment.

What helped me when I felt so low and trapped lying in bed with my abuser next to me was to picture my Higher Power (it can be anyone or anything, just something Good who Cares for us and wants the best for us) wrapping their arms around me. This seemed to help me.

Keep reaching out to us even though you can’t ring the Samaritans etc as he’s by your side.

And Trust the Universe has your back. Please God you get the flat. If not this one another one. Well done for taking that action. I couldn’t even do that. You’re doing great in being able to take the action to get a place away from him.

Surrounding you with my prayers tonight. One hour at a time.

This difficult time for you will pass. It’s always darkest before the dawn.

fizzylem
      Participant

Hey W, you are just very very tired and worn out – in need of a rest. Mind plays tricks on us when we have been over working it over a long period of time. You will be ok, give yourself what you need hunny, take the rest. Convalesce. Let others take care of you for a bit.

You could take this convalescence in hospital, at a buddist centre or sometimes the nuns take people in – there are places out there, just got to find out what is near to you. Get away from your surroundings and thoughts for a bit, let it all go, feel cared for, will help, you’re running on empty – rest flower. Hugs and love Woolly x

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content