Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Blackandblue
      Participant

Hi so I’m new to this and I’m sorry if I go on and on my mind is all over the place and have soo much to say and please no judgment for what I’m about to say, so at the end of (detail removed by Moderator) I decided to leave my (detail removed by Moderator) year relationship for someone else as I was unhappy etc and whilst leaving this relationship the new guy said that my ex was abusive from the messages he would send me and I didn’t believe him and make excuses as I thought it was just him being angry for me leaving anyway I went back to my ex as I was soo afraid of loosing my son and him stopping me from seeing him (not that he did) but I was scared to as he wouldn’t let me pick him from school as he said it would confuse him after he told our son that his friends would be picking him up even tho I had done the school run since he started school anyway since getting back with him he has thrown digs at me threatened to take me to court keep telling me to leave it and sign the property over to him saying my son hates me and he wants to live with his dad etc in the past he has taken the car off me so when I left in (detail removed by Moderator) I made sure I had my own car and now (detail removed by Moderator) he found some messages that had been sent and we have broken up and now I’m soo scared he’s gonna try and take my son and I’m gonna end up homeless the other day my son was going out with his dad and I said that if he didn’t want to go he could come with me and my son said ok and his dad said (detail removed by Moderator),I said to his dad why is he soo worried about him coming with me I only wanted to spend some one on one time with as it just seemed like he was soo eager for our son to be with him he will tell our son that I’m a cheater and basically just s**g me off to him which I don’t like and have never said a bad word to our child about his dad, I just don’t know what is normal and what is not as since the new guy telling me he was abusive I just don’t know

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Blackandblue,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing with us. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Risingup
      Participant

How horrible that he is using your child in this way. They know how much we love our children and would do anything for them. I also get abused through my children. I get told not to comfort them when they are upset. My decisions on how to raise them gets overridden and he has now started saying that I am trying to take his children away from him. These are all common tactics from abusers. You stay strong and keep posting. Lots of support here xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content