Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

Today I finally did something what I wanted to do for a long time.
      It may sound trivial and a bit crazy but it was important to me.
      The abuser controlled what I ate and I was never allowed to eat what I fancied.
      In an area a bit further away from where we lived, which I always liked a lot, there is a bakery that produces fantastic bread and cakes and other sweets.
      I had passed by this bakery numerous times and whenever I wanted to go inside he had hit me at the back of my head.
      As I moved into a different area I rarely passed by this bakery.
      However, every time I saw it I thought that finally I had the chance to go in there and buy whatever I want.
      But this never happened. Something held me back every time I passed by there.
      But not today.
      Today I had a hospital appointment in the morning and after that I decided to roam around and check out places and Christmas Markets.
      Without even planning it I ended up in that area again and saw the bakery from the bus.
      I got out of the bus and this time I went inside that bakery.
      I chose what I fancied most and bought it.
      This feeling that I got, that I can do what I want and what I like and what makes me feel good made me smile big.
      I have overcome this bad memory now as well and covered it with the thick and colourful paint of joy, happiness and freedom.
      And I will go back there and buy more, because their products taste so good! 🙂

KIP.
      Participant

👏 isn’t it a good feeling as we overcome our triggers and fears. As we take our power back. Well done you! Enjoy another giant leap forward 🍰 🧁

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I love that you have managed to overcome this fear. Brilliant💜💜

IWMB 💕💕

Butterflyboo
      Participant

I love this Ayanna, good for you! 🙂

Anabela
      Participant

Ayanna, reading this made me smile!! Such a positive post!! ❤❤

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content