Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mummyofboys
      Participant

So today I had some time to call the domestic helpline to get the help I need getting out. I called the number ten times and no one picked up. I bust our crying knowing I finally tried to make them steps after so long of being abused and it failed. My children woke up and then I knew my partner would start ringing me soon. So I had no time I just don’t know if I’m strong enough to keep trying

Eggshells
      Participant

Oh my goodness my lovely. I’m so sorry to hear that you weren’t able to get the support that you needed today. It takes so much courage to pick up the phone in the first place and not to get a response is so damaging in so many ways.

Your local support will want to help you but I think that an increasing awareness of domestic abuse means that many charities are becoming overwhelmed. Have you tried the women’s aid Live chat?

Please do keep trying honey. Don’t give up. xx

Gerbil
      Participant

Hi Mummyofboys
      You have taken a huge step in trying to reach out for help. I am so sorry that you didn’t manage to get through. To take that first step shows that you are strong enough. Keep trying and keep posting here too for support.
      Take care x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Mummyofboys,

That must have been really difficult.

I just wanted to give some links to back up Eggshells’ suggestions. You could try contacting on our Live Chat service, open every day (8am – 6pm Monday – Friday and 10am – 6pm weekends). The support workers there can help you explore your options and can do refuge searches for you if you’d like. You can also contact your local service directly for their ongoing support. You can search for your local service details using our Service Directory.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Twisted Sister
      Participant

bags of support from me to you too Mummyofboys. We all have experienced how hard it is to break away, and to make those vital calls, to reachout this way is huge. You have been strong in doing this and I am sad to hear that you couldn’t get through. It takes so much energy to come to the point of calling that its easy for everything to crash this way when its unsuccessful in the moment.

Lick your wounds, and give yourself some time to recover. You took a massive step, and your energy will return for this, you are obviously at the right point to go so keep that in mind until you are ready to have another bash at it. Sending you heaps of strength for your next success. We’re all behind you.

warmest wishes

ts

nbumblebee
      Participant

You get up each day you get dressed you look after your babies each and every day you can do this. Its horrible when you reach out and nobody is there you feel devestated and totally alone and that strength that you had just goes away. But like i said somehow every day dispite all you go through you get up. Get back up re gain your strength and keep trying keep trying to reach out someone will take your hand you just gotta keep it reaching out.
      Sending you so much love and support xxxxx

Shazza
      Participant

You have been so so strong to even try calling them! That’s a massive thing in itself. It is soul destroying when you reach that point where you feel ready but the help isn’t there to meet you half way. But you had the strength to call this time and you will find it again you really will. Take some time and you can build yourself up to trying again. Keep posting xx

Mummyofboys
      Participant

Thank you for all your comments ladies. I will keep trying I still have that strength when I get that opportunity I will try everything you all suggested. I refuse to live in fear and abuse anymore. Hopefully I can write a success story soon xx

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content