Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazel
      Participant

I really want to leave my abusive husband, but he said before I leave he is going to hurt me, therefore I am not mention this any more but dreaming about escape. The problem is we have (detail removed by Moderator) year old daughter and I do not know what my rights are to take her with me and not wanting to ccontact him. I know he is so dangerous and he would be able to even kill be if I do so. He is kind of person who doesn not like if someone has a diffrent opinion, he is abusive towards me and my daughters sometimes but I do not have anu evidence like records or photos, only the girls csn confirm this. The older one who is (detail removed by Moderator) has beem diagnosed with OCD which I strongly believe it was cause from his abusive behaviour. The problem for me to leave is only I do know what to do if he wants to see my daughter I strongly believe I can be in danger. What is the solution for such situations please.

Grey Rock
      Participant

Hi. Please do contact Women’s Aid or whichever domestic abuse charity is in your area. They can help you by listening and talking things through which is always a relief in itself. They will help come up with an exit plan and be able to tell you options available in your area. Do not tell him anything of your plans or feelings.

It might be worth getting a Claire’s Law disclosure from the police to see if he has been abusive before. The fact that mine had previous offences reported by other women really helped my case when it finally went to court.

Good luck.

GR xx

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness will not overcome. God bless and keep you safe today xx

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Same as Grey Rock, get in touch with your local WA, you need your local Domestic abuse charity near you to form an exit plan.
      I am so sorry you are going through this but once you get some help they can advise you re your daughter and your rights. Try and keep a journal, I wrote in my notes section on my phone.
      Keep posting and stay safe ❤❤

searchingforhope
      Participant

My heart goes out to you. I totally get where you are coming from. Please do as others mentioned and contact Womens Aid.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Hazel,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. Your husband’s threats are serious and are being used to make your feel trapped. It sounds like you are being realistic about the risk you are in and are getting ready to make some changes. You now need some help to make a personal safety plan for leaving; you can read more about this in the Survivor’s Handbook here .

It is worth talking to a domestic abuse support worker directly, so that they can advise you about your specific situation, talk to you about housing options and point you in the right direction for some legal advice regarding your parental rights.

As mentioned in the replies, you can find this kind of support from your local service. You can find your local service here:

Domestic Abuse Directory

There is also support available from our Live Chat service. You can chat to a Women’s Aid worker online in confidence (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here:
      https://chat.womensaid.org.uk

If you or your children are in immediate danger, you need to ring 999.

We hope you can post again here too,

Kind Regards,

Lisa

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content