Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

Last year when we were still living together but things were coming to a head he knew it too. And it just goes to show how it really is calculated. As a rule I went shopping on my own but this particular Saturday he wanted us to go alone I fell for it but kind of knew what were coming. He drove he started on me and right screaming swearing really top notch angered he wound all Windows up I were terrified he really bullied me I’ve such awful memories I hope he rots x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Betterdays,

that must of been a terrifying experience for you, the awful things perpetrators do to exert their control stick with us.

Are you accessing local outreach support at the moment? You may find it useful to receive support face to face but please do continue to post on the forum.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

Ayanna
      Participant

The ex abuser of mine did that too. He yelled at me for hours on long car journeys and lashed out at me. I was helpless. I recall one incident, when I wanted to jump out of the speeding car in the midst of a motorway. I did not care that I would die. I just could not go on any more. I cannot sit in cars because of that. I only use public transport. I have a car phobia because of him.
      On the one hand I want to drive, but on the other hand I am too traumatized. My father told me not to drive a car ever. That does not help me either.

betterdays
        Participant

Hi ayanna I know how u feel it took me years to pass my driving test as my confidence were in the gutter. I’m lucky I did pass with just 3 minors but just before I passed he said if u pass your test you won’t want me then!!! He made a point though of still knocking my confidence when od passed even the guy he’s working with now he puts him down dreadfully he even threatened to make him walk home and throw him out the van he’s horrible x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content