Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I remember very clearly sometimes having feeling of such bitter hate and even revulsion towards my now ex partner. A few times I was so consumed with hate and anger towards him it was seeping out of every pore. The contrasts greatly to my feelings now following a good period of no contact, feelings of heartbreak and loneliness. I am going to remind myself or those earlier very real negative emotions I had, No Contact changes your thoughts and I think it is helpful to remember what happened which caused you to split in the first place. Good riddance to BAD RUBBISH!!!

Serenity
      Participant

I do remember being so stung by his unkindness, that I would be grinding my teeth.

I remember being on a beautiful walk with him. My family had suggested he and I grab a couple of hours together. We were in the most picturesque of places, and rather than hold my hand, he was striding ahead, face fuming, goodness knows why. When I was sat at the pub table,whilst he begrudgingly got us a drink, I remember needing some outlet. I grabbed a notebook from my bag and began writing how horrible he was and how he was unkind and the worst husband. I just needed to scribble it down.

Then when he came back, I hid the book in my bag, but I remember looking at him as he scowled into his pint, thinking how horrible he was to me.

Escaped not free
      Participant

Omg! My ex used to do that all the time…stride out in front as though I’d done something wrong….inexplicably. Especially when away on holiday. Other times he’d be so close…the same thing though, unpredictable. Do they go to some kind of classes to learn all these techniques? I remember having to explain to him that storming off in an airport, leaving me with four kids…one of them his who he’d made cry for NOT KEEPING UP! And all their luggage Was really unnecessary…he just scowled at me…..I mean why? What is the point? My (detail removed by Moderator) year old at the time is more of a man than he will ever be. He just shook his head and took his sons bag for him. I’d forgotten about it until I just read that post. X

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content