Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I was required a very long time ago to have a CRB check done, and because of the nature of the job I wanted to take on, he was required to go through the same process.
      He gradually went increasingly more angry at why he had to do it and threw at me all sorts of negative remarks, suggesting I shouldn’t do the job I wanted to do because it was not worth it, blablabla…
      He finally divulged he had a minor crminal record dating to his youth…i was gobsmacked, first of all because he had never told me, and secondly because I thought his reactions were definitely not in proportion to his crime, petty theft in fact.
      I ended up not doing the job anyway for other reasons, but I have just remembered this event, always wondering if something more important was ever hidden from me…
      The weird thing is, when we met, he would not speak about his first and only girlfriend to me, he kept repeating the same thing over and over again, getting borderline annoyed. He kept refusing in a very strange sentence (can’t say).
      I am now wondering if this has more to it than that…how strange his behaviour was re the CRB check and his previous relationship.
      Some of my friends, on hearing my stories, say it is hiding something…
      I am inclined to think so too.
      What would you think? I just get strange vibes. Sometimes I wonder if he was physically abusive to her. He also seemed to want a whirlwind romance with me and “came on” hard to my knowledge and sense of respect, demanding a kiss on our first outing…

godschild
      Participant

Hi, It sounds suspicious to me that he made such a thing of a minor offence, if it was years ago it would not most likely be relevant now if it were minor but if it were more and relate to the girl, it may have been something much worse that he is covering up. x*x

I heard about a website Bridget where you can check if people have criminal records, i think it was called Claires law though not sure about that. I’m sure you can check this out though.

KIP.
      Participant

Trust your gut, Bridget❤️

Ayanna
      Participant

He definitely seems to hide something.
      I am not sure whether you are entitled to search his criminal records that long back. I think this depends on the severity and type of conviction. Call Rights of Women and ask them, maybe they can help you with advice how to find out more about him.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content