Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi ladies. Today is the day I start getting rid of things I’ve hanged onto for do long starting with birthday, anniversary cards and letters. I started reading through them and felt like absolute rubbish. I couldn’t stop crying. We were apart for a while because of his selfish actions and I stood with him and he promised he would never let me down like that again. I thought he learned from his behaviour but he’s a troubled person. He’s clearly got issues. He was my first love I don’t regret giving him another chance because I have no regrets. He’s lived without me for a while before but my ultimate revenge is him living without me for life! He pleaded with me to give him another chance and told me countless times how he’s nothing without me. He’s right he’s nothing without me it isn’t my loss it’s his. I stood with him when he betrayed me and he promised to stand with me, care, support, respect me. He did none of those things with me. After that terrible time he’s done this to us all he’s done is destroy us he talks about how he’s never met anyone like me and never will. I have visualised him as a monster whose psychotic for so long but reading those words I’ve realised he will within time realise what he’s lost. I think that time contributed towards him becoming psychotic but if that’s the case he should have dealt with it! I am in awe of how strong, brave and loving I am. I went against every bone in my body to support him when he hulimated me he will be the one with regrets he knows the implications of divorce better than anyone and I have everyone around me. How I haven’t said anything to him will be killing him he wants a reaction I’ve been soooo dignified throughout this and my divorce is my way of telling him exactly what I think of him! My heart is broken but it healed before and it will again x*x

Ayanna
      Participant

See these letters as manipulation tactics.
      Abusers try to get on our emotional side when they realise that they loose control.
      Do not see too much in these letters.

When I fled the ex abuser he broke bail conditions and sent me text messages how much he missed me and how desperately he regretted that he did not get on with me. He even sent me a message that said that he wanted to take care of me.
      I was freaked out. Taking care of someone could also be interpreted of wanting to kill someone.
      And he had threatened to kill me on numerous occasions.
      After the first time I called the police he became furious after several weeks and kept saying that I would see what he was going to do with me when all was over. And then, after the second life threatening incident, he suddenly wanted to get on with me and was so sad and all. I did not fall for it. He then phoned me and said the same thing. Then I said to him that I have heard this from him before and you know what? His reaction was so vile all of a sudden, because he understood that I did not fall for his tricks.

Of course was I heart broken, but more over the fact that I had chosen the wrong man and wasted years of my life.
      I never missed him since I fled.
      I was so relieved that my life was quiet, no more shouting, banging, beating ….
      He stepped up his abuse when he realised that I could see through him. The things he put me through via the courts were awful for a long time. He had lots of legal people who supported him with this abuse.
      These men are masters of manipulation.
      We are broken and unable to manipulate anyone after getting out of abuse. They use our broken hearts for their advantage.
      But what they do not know is that broken hearts can mend and we can get up again and fight back harder than what they have ever anticipated.

Freetobethegreatest
      Participant

Hello

I agree you will be the best thing he ever had. He may realise that now but he would never change even knowing this. Ive supported my partner and done everything for him but despite this he still takes it all for granted. One day o think he may realise thats the best thing ive ever had but it still wouldnt change him. I dont think anything can change them. They are just evil, selfish people. The world revolves around them. They are not the same as normal people

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content