Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      queenfreddie
      Participant

my abuse started when i was (detail removed by moderator) yrs old he use to hit me and hurt me etc but i still have nightmares after i kicked him out in (detail removed by moderator) its now 2021 and i am still suffering

Grey Rock
      Participant

Have you looked at doing the Freedom Program at all? It can make quite a difference.

GR x

StrongLife
      Participant

I had plenty of nightmares initially. They stopped after a while. They were bad initially. Took a while though.

vivet
      Participant

I had nightmares (wake up screaming etc) for a few months after the separation from my ex. We’ve been apart a number of years now and the dreams have started again, now in my dreams my family members are blaming me for leading him on. I’m so sad and can’t stop crying – please when will the pain go away

Door mouse
      Participant

I still have them too waking up calling out wet the bed sometimes usually when I let it build up, call It Old age, but sometimes you just Know what you are feeling. You know I never thought I would end up in refuge but amongst other things. Never thought I would let it get the better of me either, no way on this earth would I wish that on anyone, that saying what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger I beg to differ on that one as well, wish I could wish you well you’re not alone

Anonymous
      Inactive

The nightmares for me come and go depending on how vulnerable I am feeling or what else is going on in my life.i do believe they get easier or maybe it’s more we learn new coping mechanisms or understanding of ourselves.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content