Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      RainbowsandSunshine
      Participant

Very bad day today. I know that I have done a really stupid thing. I sent a text message to my ex partner basically telling him that I am sorry for letting him down by believing what the professionals had told me. That I love him and I have decided that hopefully in time he will forgive me? My only comfort is that for reasons not known to myself is that the message failed to send. I’m such an idiot for putting our lives at risk.

diymum@1
      Participant

i think this is a sign – at least it didnt actually send. theres going to be temptations to try to smooth things over. but when theyres a power control motive inplace this isnt possible – a reconsiliation isnt on the cards. even if it was it would never work. it took me decades to realise this xx your doing great keep going xxxx love diymum

RainbowsandSunshine
      Participant

Thank you diymum@1. That does help. I knew that this weekend would be a hard one. I just underestimated how hard. Decided that tomorrow we will stay home and watch diehard or something therapeutic. Thank you x*x

diymum@1
      Participant

i think the secret is to be busy- it gets better honestly with time. you mind find that one door opens as one closes. i ended up having a much better social life once i was out xx the worlds your oyster now it just dosent feel like it when your hurting xx youll be okay luv diymum xxxx

fizzylem
      Participant

Have you thought about sitting and writing your thoughts down; never to send; just for your own processing notes? This helps you to reflect on, feel the emotions, express it and work them through – make a promise to yourself that you wont act on your emotions – ever when it come to him. It is normal to feel this way and drift back sometimes, but these times pass; remind yourself what is the goal here.

Use today as your reminder in future to tell you this was not what you really wanted, just how you felt in those moments only – ‘I will ride it out and it will pass’. x

KIP.
      Participant

Delete all his contact info on every format x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Don’t you love it when technology is failing in order to protect you, for once it is working in your favour, I’m pleased it didn’t get send, it’s just better this way. You can write, but not send, this ways you keep yourself safe. I agree with deleting all contact info from him so you won’t be tempted next time.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I remember how easy it can be to do these things. I agreed to go back to my ex. Thankfully I was in a refuge who said they would call the police if I went back. I still had a sleepless night where I realised if I went back I would never leave the house alive again.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content