Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daff
      Participant

I don’t know what’s happening to me. Ive felt ok for the last couple of days but today i feel like my heart is racing, my head hurts and i just want to cry. Memories are over taking me and i just want them to go away. Does it get better and can’t keep going on like this

KIP.
      Participant

Yes it gets better. I promise. There is a recovery process, it might be post traumatic stress. If you’re safe then the brain will process the trauma. Seek out some counselling and talk to your GP to get you past the worse.

Hetty
      Participant

Hi daff, I had an awful time over Christmas with racing thoughts and anxiety. I thought I was heading for a breakdown. I wrote everything down that was going through my mind. What came out was very dark in terms of memories and how I felt about myself, things from childhood. I ripped it all up and put it in the bin. It helped me. Just thought I’d share.
      You’re not alone x*x

Newyear2021
      Participant

I thought things were getting better but been called horrible names again just feel like rubbish

Daff
      Participant

Ive contacted the doctors hopefully it will help. Hes been blocked by me but seems to think its ok to use the children as messengers. Its upsetting them and at this point im unsure how to help them.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content