Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ami-dor
      Participant

Is ist possible to get help with getting someone out of your house? My partner won’t leave. It’s my house and he doesn’t pay anything towards it b. He says he will leave but it will take him weeks to pack up. He won’t. He’s said this before and he never does. He has no money and nowhe8to go so I get its not easy but I can’t live like this anymore and I want him to leave before he hurts me more or changes my mind. I don’t know how to get him out.

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

Hi there just noticed you didn’t have any replies yet. Yes I believe there is a way to do this since it’s your house, have you been in touch with the police about him before? If it were me I would ring them on 101 to get their advice, I’ve rung them before on that number and found it helpful. Also ring the women’s aid helpline, rights of women and citizen’s advice.

J@jmum
      Participant

Absolutely there is. I second speaking to the police.
      Could you not change the locks when he is out? Warn the police that you will be incase he causes issues. Make sure you’re not alone etc when he likely to come home.
      Pull the rug from under him. Don’t ask him, make him. Do it before he even noticed you have. But be safe!
      Then after that if he doesn’t stay away it’s trespassing and threats and breach of peace so again it’s police and lots of court orders to limit his access to your home/street from there

J@jmum
      Participant

The more abuse you encounter of any kind the more you need to document, advise women’s aid and police. Build the true picture as it will help others help you and keep him away from you in future

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content