Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

To realise that you are everything without them, they are nothing without you. I want you all to have a fulfilling life, full of happiness and adventure. Don’t make the mistakes I made. Things will never change and round and round you go on the cycle of abuse until decades pass. The longer you stay the more damage is done to you, your children, your mental health, your family and friends, your community, your working life and even the economy. Do one thing really nice for yourself today and recognise your worth. Much love and stay safe 💕 take every hand that’s offered 🖐 x one day you will offer someone that hand x

hop
      Participant

That’s really lovely kip and I share your sentiments. I think people dont realise the damage to their children. One of my children is acting like an abuser because they’ve seen me give in to their dad’s outrageous demands. Even though I try to be a good parent and no means no they’ve seen that their dad gets what he wants and me saying it’s just easier to let him have it than all the aggro and now I’ve ruined my child. Thank you for this x

KIP.
      Participant

You haven’t ruined your child and it’s never too late to set boundaries with them. Even if that means losing touch like I’ve done with my adult son. At least he knows there acre consequences to abuse x teaching them the ‘no’ word is actually building resilience for life when there will me many times they’re told no.

iliketea
      Participant

@KIP thank you, you’re so kind and thoughtful and helpful. xx

Wateringcan
      Participant

Really lovely xx

Weepingwillow
      Participant

Thank you 💕 xx

Same-again
      Participant

Oh sweetheart. I want the same.

(Detail removed by moderator).  x*x

hop
      Participant

My child’s still young and we’re getting help from a family worker. Still early stages but I’m doing the gateway programme 1 to 1 with her as well.

@same-again
      you’ve just got to keep those dark thoughts in the light. Have you spoken to a health professional about these feelings? I find talking openly to a dr I trust helps me through the black times. We all deserve the good times but be open and honest to a dr about your thoughts. It’s hard work and it’s scary but we can do it 💙

KIP.
      Participant

We are here for you same-again. I once felt like you but there is hope and help. I used the Samaritans and the national domestic abuse helpline to talk to ladies who understood and could listen. You’re not alone 💕

KIP.
      Participant

Keep going freedomfries baby steps in the right direction 💕

gettingtired
      Participant

Thanks for the continued support KIP and all the other amazing survivors on here 💜

KIP.
      Participant

💕

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content