Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

While watching t.v have I really been in a abusve relationship? All minds of the things coming back I keep thinking because he stopped the physical he’s kind of learnt his lesson. But then I’m thinking we’ll he can’t of he’s still saying it were me being aurgumentative that seperated us. ThEN it were my f.ing sister to blame for 50 percent as she were jealous!! I’ve stopped him coming to the house hes saying I can’t help u while ur keeping me away. It were only (removed by moderator) ago he chased me in his van while I were in my car. He’s not liking living on his own were wanting to use me and have as he said SOME SORT OF CARRY ON with me. I’m all mixed up again. Tired out with it all… xx

Serenity
      Participant

They change tactics over time- always for a reason.

My ex was more overtly physically abusive when we lived far from family and friends, then when we moved nearer them, he realised he needed to be more covert in his methods. So the financial, emotional, mental
      and sexual abuse all took over, all cleverly masked from people and dressed up as something else quite often.

The mental, emotional and financial abuse was as soul-destroying as the physical and sexual.

betterdays
        Participant

Hi serenity it’s hard to believe that these people are so cold evil people. I just feel like he’s won so jumbled today the things he said good and bad really messer with your mind there not for real….xx

Serenity
      Participant

I know: you can’t understand how these people can be so unkind, selfish and love destroying others.

That’s because we aren’t like that. We are made differently from them.

We will never be able to understand why they are as they are- because to us, it seems too awful and makes no sense.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content