Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      abcxyz
      Participant

No one insisted we watched a film, no one asked me to fetch their drinks, no one asked me to massage their feet … I sat with a glass of wine and 3 lovely children and watched the whole of Strictly .. it really is the small things, but that’s something I could never have done a week ago.

There may be lots of mixed emotions but to be able to choose what I do – to be able to tell the children the plan for the day at the start of the day and then them enjoy the security of that being what we do (with no virtual grenades thrown), to be able to have the patience and time to resolve disputes and upsets calmly …. it really is heaven.

… and today I took delivery of the book that I have self published – the book that he said was a “cry for help” (it wasn’t), that was a waste of money (not everything is about money), and that was a waste of time (it wasn’t). I am so proud of the copies sitting on the shelf, ready to send out, and keep telling his voice in my head that it’s tough luck as I’m pleased and he can’t and won’t squash that out of me!

Getting out was the right decision – whatever happens xx

Congratulations, and this is just the beginning. Life should be calm, relaxed and balanced, having crippling anxiety, doubt and fear is just plain wrong. I’m pleased you enjoyed Strictly, i’m enjoying my Saturday evening too X*X

abcxyz
      Participant

So true … and glad to hear that you have had / are having a good evening too. Now I can go to bed without asking someone else if they are also ready to go to bed … bliss!! xx

KIP.
      Participant

It’s not until we leave that we realise just how much of our time is spent on their needs. The anxiety we suffer just trying to watch a tv programme we like. The constant walking on egg shells. Enjoy your new peaceful life. You all deserve it. Stay alert and stay safe X

Serenity
      Participant

Well done abcxyz for publishing your work!

Yes, it’s magnificent just pottering about.

No more putting up with his restless moods when I am tired, no more scaring the children..

I love getting into bed and watching the Doctors drama on catch-up: how sad is that?!! But at least I can! 😉

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content