Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      SingleMomSurvivor
      Participant

Hi ladies. I’ve started dating again. I’m just going slow, taking my time, not rushing into anything & making sure I’m listening to my gut and trusting myself. Went on a wonderful date yesterday with someone who has been incredibly kind & gentle to me. We kissed & it felt really nice & sweet and they didn’t at all pressure me to do anything beyond that. I’m just not in a space where Im ready for more & they’ve been really understanding of that. We had a great conversation and we’ve actually been getting to know each other for a few months now. I felt safe around them and I’m looking forward to seeing them again. Not looking to rush into anything and definitely keeping my eyes open for any red flags, but it felt really really great to be out with someone who has just been consistently kind & good to me. It’s a level of care and concern that I never experienced with my ex. My date tries to find small ways to make my life easier & it’s been really so sweet. Just a happy moment I wanted to share. I’m not sure where things will end up but for now I’m just enjoying myself. There is life after abuse ❤️. Love you ladies ❤️

Watersprite
      Participant

Love this sms – enjoy!! I found the contrast from what I had endured to caring men very emotional and devastating to realise what I had put up for so long. Dating had been fun – but not going to settle. I’ve got this – they need to add short and long term. Have fun x

StrongLife
      Participant

Great you are dating and keeping eyes out for red flags there.

Glad you are taking it slow. After this it’s very difficult to do.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content