Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Today with my youngest son. We went to a destination he were afraid of going as he has a memory there from his dad when he had tried crashing the car last year. So he faced his fear. My sons autistic and drags his leg through trauma. I were looking round at familys some looked happy. Me and my son were happy too and i thought why the hell didnt i get away years ago. Instead of leaving it nearly 2 decades. Ive been triggered a lot lately by him through things although im still no contact i were starting to feel weak again. But i thought no stuff u loser me and my boys are the winners.. if only id of left years ago its sad really…. x

keepmovingfoward
      Participant

Don’t beat yourself up about not leaving sooner. hindsight is useful but can’t be changed. learn from it and keep moving forward in a positive way. It’s good that you and your son were able to face a fear together. One step at a time. You can’t deal with things like this in giant leaps we take time to heal. stay positive x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content