Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      betterdays
      Participant

How I were in this cloud and bubble for nearly 2 decades. The lies the promises. Be seemed so genuine. Be even built an extension. Bought me tbings now and then. There’s part of me that thinks I’ve got it wrong it can’t be right this word abuse is made up!!!! He used to say we both need to change and he wanted fairness. And how he did respect me… then I think of the abuse and know it’s not right… sorry I’m jumbled again…..X

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi BD

I’m a long termer too, and there is alot of us on this site that are. I didn’t know I was being abused till it was over.

But whether it was a day or decades abuse is wrong.

Stop punishing yourself for not realising, you know now.

FS xx

Serenity
      Participant

I don’t think our body lies. If it feels traumatised and we are affected so badly, it’s trying to tell us something.

I was looking at some things around the house today that my ex managed to do, and I was wondering why he did those things: was he having a good moment, or was it just a way of keeping me there, a ploy?

Whatever their motivation, you can hide from the fact that most if the time they were unkind, unhelpful, neglectful, entitled and cruel, and those moments were destroyers.

X*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content