Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Today, for the first time, the notion that I don’t want him back entered my head. And It hasn’t left all day. It took me by surprise to be honest. Until now, I’ve just kept hoping that he’ll see the light eventually and come home and we’d live happily ever after.

His bail terms have been lifted, so I saw him at the weekend when I picked the dog up. I have her at weekends. And after that, I guess I just got to thinking that I don’t want to go back to my old life. I’ve done more in the house and garden and met more friends in the relatively short while he’s been gone than I would have in (detail removed by Moderator) years if he’d stayed. And I can see light at the end of the financial tunnel too. I was spending £(detail removed by Moderator) a month at one point on his alcohol and cigarettes and got into debt to the point that I had started to think I might lose the house. A bill arrived for him (detail removed by Moderator) for £(detail removed by Moderator). He’d have expected me to pay that. Although I worked and he didn’t, it had got to the point where I was living on toast while he was smoking, drinking and eating roast beef. And the joke of it is, he couldn’t even be civil to me, let alone anything else. I keep reading about love bombing and wondering why it never happened to me.

I’m not saying it will last, but the seed has been planted. Why would I want that back?

Cheesequeen
      Participant

This is so nice to hear ☺ I’m so happy for you. Well done on getting all your things done. This is the point I’m most excited about. Having my new home and not having the life sucked out of me day in day out. I had reinvented my home time after time and he just destroyed it constantly. Photo frames were always the first to go. Then his c**p would sneak in to every corner of the room I had worked so hard to design.
      You will get stronger every day ☀ Xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you, Cheesequeen. It just feels like I have things to look forward to and I never did before. Like your partner, mine smashed things up all the time. And he was so lazy and such a slob in the house, I gave up. I seriously wonder why he actually thinks I might want him back. For What?!!

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Oh Landy this is such an amazing post, thank you for sharing how you feel💞 you should take a copy of what you’ve written and put it into your memos on your phone. I scroll through mine when I’m feeling low. You could do that if you ever feel he’s wheedling back in. Much love my friend
      IWMB 💕💕

Fudgecake
      Participant

“Mighty oaks from little acorns grow” 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content