Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Toofarr
      Participant

I wish and wish I never told anyone about what’s going on even up to recently because I feel nothing but judgment, shame and really just embarrassed. People gave up being my friend, never even tried being there for me. They got fed up. All gave up because they didn’t understand why I just won’t leave.

All judgment for still being in this position. I feel embarrassed every single day. I just desperately wanted someone to hear me, to help me. I know now, only I can help myself. Can’t help but feel so pathetic not just as a person but as a mother. What kind of mother am I ? Still here after all he’s done and said. Putting our child through it. I am pathetic.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Toofarr,

Thank you for sharing with us. I hope it has helped to offload here in a safe space about how you are feeling. You haven’t done anything to cause the abuse- the embarrassment or shame is not yours. You are not pathetic, only he has caused the abuse and this situation. You deserve so much better.

If you feel it would help to chat things through then do remember our Live Chat service is available every day until 6pm. The Support Workers won’t judge you or tell you what to do. They will understand how difficult and overwhelming this all is. You can access the chat service here.

Do keep posting when you can. We are here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Mysticunicorn20
      Participant

i feel like i should never have shared my abuse.  my gp refered me to my mental health nurse who when she found out everything moved me to someone else who refereed me to the local DV centre who i feel just arent listening to me,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content