Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

I was thinking today how a huge part of my feeling low is how – or when- I have felt a loss of faith or trust in people or the world.

But it occurred to me that – whilst I must be more careful- I can’t let him change me. A big part of my personality and happiness was my joy in giving. Doing things for others isn’t codependency- giving to the wrong people or putting up with abuse is wrong, but we are meant to share and give to others.

If I were to lose trust in people and lose confidence in giving, I would become like him. I am not going to let him change me.

I read a quote today which I think summed it up:

“My love is free, but my trust is earned.
      Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, because integrity is my greatest strength.”

Here’s to remaining a giving person- with boundaries! X

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

That is a great quote Serenity. Our perceptions of the world have been so marred by the people around us. It’s like having compassion for all, but acting on it with wisdom. If we let compassion for one person damage us, we have no capacity to give to others. It is kinder to prevent their harm by staying safe and being free to develop a peaceful mind which benefits everyone.
      You have so much love and integrity, it can only lead to good things xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well said (again), Serenity.
      You’re a loving, giving woman. You’re not going to be able to stop that – it’d be like stopping breathing for you! Love and light
      S xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content