Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      peachycuteness1
      Participant

So I’ve recently gotten out of an abusive relationship which I am ever so grateful now that I’m out of it….but I’m still healing and I do have my bad days. I have recently found out that my ex is having another baby….and although I hate him for everything he’s done….I am really upset about it. It confirms to me though that he never cared about me. I think the real issue here is that I miscarried (detail removed by moderator)….so idk whether I’m actually upset about him having another baby as I shouldn’t because I hate him for what he’s done….and I’m still grieving from my miscarriage….it hurts so badly. Any advice would be great.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, it definitely shows exactly what these men are like and often rush victims into pregnancy as a means to trap them. Have you had any counselling? Abuse alone leaves us with mental injuries and add a miscarriage and it’s no wonder it’s overwhelming. We have to grieve for these abusive relationships too, for the hopes and dreams we once had. It’s okay to just feel what you feel. It would be good for you to talk things through with a therapist. Just be kind to yourself. You will heal from this and be stronger and wiser where he will always be a pathetic little man who abuses women. The national domestic abuse helpline is good to talk to women who understand and could offer advice x baby steps x

Bee1
      Participant

I agree with Kip too. Be good to talk it out if you can. But please please please know, it will pass. I’m sure we can all say that after we’ve split from partners our minds are so very very cloudy, and the puzzles go up and down and round and round.
      But the repairing is already starting, even tho you maybe can’t see that yet. Be gentle with You, be good to You.
      I know my ex has moved into to someone else’s coat tails, probably more than 1, makes me feel a bit sick actually. So funny now as once I thought he was THE one 😄! And I adored him utterly.
      Glad I managed to wise up, before I went nuts!
      It will be sunny again, you’ll see.
      And a lot of peeps on here will say just the same. 💓
      Wishing you strength and hope.

Bee1
      Participant

Ps… one thing I had to make myself have in my recovery is patience.

(I can still have some angry frustration that after all I’d been through in my past: I survived rape a long time ago, I survived a very serious illness, then he does a Jekyll and Hyde and lands his nasty drunken mess on my lap! Gee, thanks for that!😢).

I focus on patience in my recovery still, because it just cannot be rushed.
      Time really is The Healer 💓🙏🏼

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content